Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Future-Changing Relationship

So in September we've looked at a woman's relationships ....


We started with "Woman and Her God," so it seems like the right place to return to as we close the month. All month at Scripture Dig, my teammates and I (love those gals) have been writing about Salvation, about the KEY relationship all others hinge on. When our relationship with God is out of whack, all our human relationships are off balance and lacking peace. Today on Scripture Dig I share part of my story of how my relationship with Jesus changed my life from what it would've been to what it is and can become. I hope you'll read on and be encouraged that, though we all come from a long line of rotten sinners ;), a relationship with Jesus Christ changes everything!

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like me, and I know I wouldn't like myself. "How can I know this?" Well, I'm a history buff, and my love of things ancient stirred my curiosity to explore my own history... "pre-me."  I hoped to find noble, compassionate, wise, and gentile habits. After all, I'm a "Virginian," the state that produced 4 of our first 5 presidents and was settled by Europeans in 1607. Since my family arrived in the first quarter of the 17th century, shouldn't I find something worthy of a page in history? I did. Perhaps that's why famous Virginian Thomas Jefferson said, "I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past."


As I explored my heritage, I discovered some shining moments, but mostly sin .... read more here

0 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT: