Monday, January 5, 2009

About Me

Hey I’m so glad you’re here at Come Have a Peace. It’s a little place for me to do two of the things I love the most, connect God’s truth to life and write. You’ll often hear about my favorite people, my fam, and our life in the valley between the mountains. I’m really not a mountain girl, and I’ve had the privilege of living in a lot of different places. Other languages, foods, and people make my heart happy, and I hate going to the airport if I don’t have a ticket or a loved one to retrieve.

My days are filled with teenage-mothering, pastor-wifing, and serving the women of my community in my places like my church and other places close to my heart. I keep a paper planner that usually looks like a flight plan, but it helps me keep the important things in place … most of the time. I would love to have you into my home to drink some “pretty sweet” tea or linger over a pot of coffee with me. If you come at the right time, I’ll have homemade bread or “Jul bars,” but most of the time we’ll just have popcorn. I started Come Have a Peace in 2009, because I knew God wanted me to, and I didn’t want to be chastised! And let's be honest, it feels so good to do what God wants! It’s been such a sweet journey for me, and now I think of Come Have a Peace as my blog home, and I welcome you here and into my heart to discover a little more of the peace in your day that you’re meant to know.

I also enjoy writing as a contributor on other blogs (Like Do No Depart and The Mom Initiative) and freelance writing at places like P31 Woman and Everyday Life. I would love to write a book someday, but that has to wait until I find the bottom of my ironing pile or God tells me He wants me to get serious about one of the projects in my heart. I’m listening …

If you want to know a lot more about my story, my family, and what more fills my days, I’ll refill the popcorn bowl, make a fresh pot of coffee, and invite you to go HERE to read my story.

7 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Diana said...

wow, so I found this because I was impressed that my "not into being on the computer" friend Julie Sanders had been on WLW, and thought...."here's she's been doing her own blog.. go figure!!" how funny, well I love your site and your "about me" is great! press on sister!

Nancy said...

what a wonderful story of God's grace! Your family is beautiful Julie and the peace that you exude through your writings is such an inspiration to me :)

Vickie said...

Such a beautiful story Julie. I just found your blog today and I am following you :)

blessings,
vickie

Hohum said...

bullshit

JOYce said...

Julie! Your blog is BEAUTIFUL.....JUST LIKE YOU! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to continue reading!
JOYfully His,
JOYce

Elaine Schulte said...

Julie, I'm amazed to have "found" you here. Although you may not remember me, our paths crossed in Cedarville when I lived in the "mission house" next door to you and your family. I've often wondered where you are now. If you're interested, you can follow my blog at: http://elaineselectronicepistle.blogspot.com/. God bless you all as you continue to serve Him.

Julie_Sanders said...

I definitely remember you Elaine, and I remember your faithfulness in serving the Lord! So glad that you found me here at Come Have a Peace, and I'll look forward to stopping over and catching up on how God continues to use you. Blessings!
Julie Sanders
www.comehaveapeace.blogspot.com


________________________________