Saturday, February 6, 2010

Blizzard Bloghop

I LOVE snow and admit I'm feeling a little sorry for myself about our barren landscape while getting updates from my Virginia family about their record snowfall. While they were sleeping the foot of snow mark was passed; they're in more of a winter wonderland than they could have hoped for or even wanted. It seems strange to be praying they don't overdo it while shoveling the heavy wet snow as it piles up and to hope electricity will be restored before my sister's family runs out of layers ... when not a single flake has drifted by my window.

So ... when I saw the announcement for a "Blizzard Bloghop" hosted by Household 6 Diva, I decided that while I'm not snowed in, I could join in out of sympathy ... right? I actually have company "snowed in" at my house this weekend while en route further north, so bloghopping sounds like a safe way to visit around right now. So if you are a blogger join in! If not, then you hop around the list and find some great new blogs.


Blizzard Bloghop 2010 hosted by Household 6 Diva

If you are here from the Blizzard Bloghop, here's a little about who I am and what I blog about ...


I am a little past 40ish gal who is a follower of God and loves Virginia (especially when it snows) but has spent the last about 25 years living in various US states and overseas. Most of the time I have been adventuring and serving with my husband Jeff of almost 20 years, who has a heart for God and the wilderness. We have a teen and a Tween, Jake and Jo, who have been schooled in every way possible during our time spent in pastoral and missions ministries. These three are my best friends and my favorite people to be with.

In my "past life" I enjoyed earning a degree in Education with an emphasis in Bible and Church Education from Cedarville University (which got great snow btw!). I was blessed to teach elementary school in Ohio and Pennsylvania, before being an adjunct professor and mentor at Cedarville, teaching college students. God has designed me to be a teacher, and He gave me the pleasure of transferring the experience and passion to teach professionals in Asia and then (joy of my heart) to teach women what God's Word has to say to us. I now enjoy leading our Women's Ministry, Bible teaching, and writing. Writing is one of those passions that travels well and adapts to every place and continent and season of life. This does not seem to be my year to work on my book project, so I am being satisfied with a love for writing articles and other fun things. And that's what spawned the blog ...

Here at "Come Have a Peace" I love to blog about how the mundane things of life are truly open windows into who God is and what He longs for us to know. It makes a difference in the things of family life, marriage (join me for Marriage Mondays), parenting, friendships, church life, and even food! In every challenge of a woman's life, His peace is like the breath of life to me, and I don't ever want to be without it ..... like snow in Winter ;)

I've been told you can do a snow dance to "make" it snow, but after sleeping in my pj's inside out, tossing ice cubes in the commode, hanging a scarf on the porch, and leaving a sled in the yard .... nope. It's that whole "I'm not the Creator" thing, so I'll make myself some hot chocolate, wrap up in a blanket, get a good book, and enjoy the Blizzard Bloghop, just the same!

If you want to be encouraged with peace for the stuff of life, I'd love to have you subscribe to emails or follow along!

10 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Anonymous said...

Jul, hello from your snowed-in sister in VA. Thank the Lord the power just came back on! God is a master when it comes to all things created - snow being one of my favorites! Wish you were here. Love and a snowball coming your way, Jenny

Sidnie said...

Hi there! I'm stopping in from the blog hop! Your blog is beautiful. It's nice to meet you!

Christy said...

Glad I decided to check and see if anyone else joined in on the blog hop. I'm Christy, my husband's in the Army and we're currently loving our life in Germany where we've been for the last 4 1/2 yrs and will be here for another 3 years! We LOVE serving the Lord in what ever capacity he calls us. We're blessed to be a family who's been called to homeschool our children. We have a daughter in Heaven, after a valliant battle against Pediatric AML leukemia, 2 little boys, another little girl, and a new baby forming in the womb! We're constantly amazed at how and where GOD works in our life! I look forward to reading how he's been and is working in yours!

Melanie said...

Hi Julie - I too love snow and wish we got a lot more here in Charlotte. I loved reading more about you today!

Cherie said...

Hi Julie, it is nice to meet you. We were supposed to get ice with this storm, but instead ended up with 4 inches. My girls love it. We're in Illinois and get all kinds of weather! I love your blog name! Look forward to following you.

Julia Gabriel said...

Hi Julie! Nice to meet you and thanks for stopping by my blog. I look forward to learning more about your family. How wonderful to have the gift of teaching. Have a great night and weekend and I'll try and talk to God tonight to send you some snow. LOL I have had more then enough of the white stuff.

Julie Danielle said...

Hi there! I am Julie too :) I really like your blog and looking forward to following you :)

Teri said...

Hi from Bloghop. It's nice to meet you.

Tracey said...

So nice to meet you! I enjoy finding blogs written by women with a heart for ministry. I look forward to learning more!

hallee@halleethehomemaker.com said...

It's nice to "meet" you. I've been doing a "Blissdom Bloghop" summary and showcased your blog today. I'm sorry it's taken so long - there were so many participants! http://www.halleethehomemaker.com/2010/02/blizzard-bloghop-tour-7/

Hallee