Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tasty Tuesday ~Mt. Dew Apple Dumplings

It's Tasty Tuesday and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday! I think I could have called last night "Give me some morphine Monday" ... I hurt my back and was not cooking anything! With my hubby away for the night, it was a Chinese takeout night. I was so very thankful for sweet friends who stepped in to carry the load = ME. ;) Funny in a way, since I had just written about "In sickness and in health" on Marriage Mondays!

One of my dear "nurse friends" first served me today's recipe at her home. It is beyond scrumptious! You HAVE to try this one. It's delicious enough for company, but amazing enough that you don't want to share with anyone. Just being honest ;)

Mt. Dew Apple Dumplings

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. You will need:

  • 2 packages of crescent rolls
  • 2 tart apples (peeled & sliced into 8ths)

Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll, covering it completely.

Place them in a 9x13 pan you have sprayed with non-stick spray.


Heat in the microwave until melted:

  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1 stick butter
  • 1 t. cinnamon

Pour this sugar mixture over the dumplings. Now here's the FUN part!!! Gather the kids or company around, 'cuz it's going to make their mouths drop open and they'll talk about how creative you are. You're going to amaze them with your food intuition. ;)


Pour 1 can of Mt. Dew (12 oz) all around the dumplings.

Bake them uncovered for 35-45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let them rest on the stovetop about 10 minutes. Don't rinse out the dish after you serve the dumplings ... you're going to want to get a spoon and lick the rest of the sauce when it's dark and everyone's in bed.




You can serve these with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or all on their own. But be sure to make coffee. These need coffee. Or tea. Earl Grey tea. ;) Enjoy!

8 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Kristen said...

Mountain Dew! How creative & it looks absolutely delicious. Thanks for sharing!

Sarah said...

Those look so good! Mt. Dew seems kind of scary, but scary things usually end up being very delicious.

Chaos Cottage said...

This seems to be a "hot" recipe on the web. I've never tried it, but it's one of those I want to try.

Hope your back gets better. I hate when I get muscular back aches. It seems to take forever before it loosens up and I feel normal again.

Unknown said...

Are you sure it's not a sin to eat these??? They sound incredibly yummy! Thanks for the recipe.

annies home said...

does the dew make it extra sweet? Wonder if diet dew would work. It does sound great though

Brenda said...

I have made this and it is very delicious!

Julie@comehaveapeace said...

I don't know about using Diet MD. That would be worth trying out. It would surely still be sweet enough. Regular MD has a LOT of sugar in it, so I would think using diet would be ok, maybe even better. If you saw the ABC report last year on the Appalachian communities of Kentucky, you may know that MD is largely to blame for the extreme tooth decay that so many of the people face. Children start drinking it in sippy cups, and many people drink a LOT of it daily. Not sure of the "draw" .... I really only like it in this recipe with apple dumplings ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.