Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Look at this!

I'm off to decompress in a cafe from two mentally full days. While I'm there, I'll prepare to share Day Two of 7 Days in a Cafe. But for today, I just want to share something that I'm excited about.

At the end of May I'll be leading a missions team of women and young women to work with partners in Asia. It will be so nice to be reunited with part of my heart, since I left it there!!! ;)   Our team will focus on ministering to tribal women and to girls living in an orphanage. You may remember when I went to serve there last year. I shared about When a Path Calls and Got Lice? to name a few. There's a lot more to share about that, but in preparation for our ministry together, we're spending these 4 months in mentoring partnerships. Each of the 4 women is partnered with a teen girl, so they can pray, plan, and prepare together. Before we invest in women "there," we're investing in young women "here." I'm beyond excited about this!

One of the girls on the team will be my own JoHanna. It's a ripe time of life to have another woman speak into her life and to broaden her heart for people and her understanding of God's plan for the world. I'd better stop .... I could go on and on about my vision for this team. Another time ... :)


Jo and I are prayerfully and creatively looking for ways to raise money towards our ministry funds. Together, we opened an Etsy Shop! It's stocked with one-of-a-kind items that the 2 of us made, and all of the funds from the Shop will go towards our ministry this summer. I would love for you to visit our JulnJo Etsy!


Now for some cafe time .... check back tomorrow to see where I went and what I learned.

6 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Orosco99 said...

I love your shop!  Do you think you might make an iPad cover someday?  Everything is so beautiful :-)  Love to you both, Jenny

Julie_Sanders said...

We can do custom ipad covers. :) If you have a color in mind, we can make it! Thanks for your sweet encouragement. Julie Sanders
www.comehaveapeace.blogspot.com


________________________________
From: Disqus <>
To: jeffjulmission@yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 6:05 PM
Subject: [comehaveapeace] Re: Come Have a Peace


Disqus generic email template

Celia Ann Currin said...

Hey Julie,
I would love to help you raise money for your trip! I have an Etsy shop at http://www.celiacurrinart.com and I would be willing to donate 25% of my sales when customers enter (Julie) in the message to seller area. I am willing to do this until May 30th 2012. I hope this will help raise money for your ministry trip. God bless you!

Julie_Sanders said...

Celia, thank you so much! I appreciate your help and will pass on the awesome offer this weekend! Blessings back to you, Julie
Julie Sanders
www.comehaveapeace.blogspot.com


________________________________
From: Disqus <>
To: jeffjulmission@yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 6:39 PM
Subject: [comehaveapeace] Re: Come Have a Peace


Disqus generic email template

Mary Joy Pershing said...

Oh wow!  That sounds like an amazing trip!  And made even more amazing by going with your daughter and ministering side by side.  I will be praying for you, Jo, and the team going.  God bless you sister!!!  You are in my prayers!

Julie_Sanders said...

Thanks so much Mary Joy. I'm excited on MANY levels for this trip!


Julie Sanders
www.comehaveapeace.blogspot.com


________________________________
From: Disqus <>
To: jeffjulmission@yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 12:51 AM
Subject: [comehaveapeace] Re: Come Have a Peace


Disqus generic email template