Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tasty Tuesday ~ Zucchini Bread

 
More than food comes out of the kitchen. In years past, it also stirred up mentoring, learning, friendship, accountability, wisdom, and modeling. Cooking and kitchens still make those good things, if we're careful not to ignore the rich resource of real friends and the fun of sharing real food together. And if we find an awesome recipe on line, let's share it with an off line friend!


Today's Life Off Line Challenge:
  1. Make double a dinner & take 1/2 to a friend. Better yet, have them come share!
  2. Ask a friend for a recipe or use one you've been given; make it; let her know how it turned out. She'll love it that you used her recipe!
So many of my best recipes come from great friends around the world. I love making something given to me in another state or country, savoring the thought of my friend, and praying for them as I cook. A sweet friend recently asked me for my zucchini bread recipe, so I want to share it here ... for my "local" friend and my on line friends here at Come Have a Peace. I hope you'll make a loaf & enjoy it for real! And let me know if you do. ;)

Julie's Zucchini Bread

(I first saw this at allrecipes.com & modified from there... )

Combine & blend:
3 eggs
1 c. vegetable oil
2 c. sugar
3 t. vanilla
2 c. shredded zucchini (take out the seeds 1st)
Add to that:
3 c. flour
1 t. salt (I use a salt substitute)
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
3 t. cinnamon
Grease 2 pans. (You can also line with foil, if you want to be sure you can pull it out without leaving "chunks" stuck in the pan.) Pour batter into pans and bake in a 325 degree oven for 45-60 minutes. Cool the bread in the pan for about 15 minutes before removing.
Other Zucchini recipes I've shared that you might like: (All can be made with frozen, shredded zucchini)

Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Zucchini Cake


0 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT: