Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tasty Tuesday ... Bavarian Apple Torte

I love getting requests for recipes, and a sweet friend from days of "sort of old" ;) asked for this one after she heard about it on Facebook. I love making this, because it reminds me of my sweet friend, Jewel, who first made it for me one fall "sort of long ago." ;)

I was having guests for dessert and didn't have time to (or think to) snap photos as I prepared it, but here's the final product. PERFECT with a cup of hot tea or coffee. It's an excellent holiday season dessert. You could serve it with whipped cream, but it really doesn't need "help."

The steps are pretty simple.  Here's the recipe: 

BAVARIAN APPLE TORTE

Crust   Combine and press into the bottom of an ungreased 9 in. springform pan:
  • 3/4 c. butter or marg. softened
  • 1/2 c. sugar
  • 1 1/2 c. flour
  • 1/2 t. vanilla extract
Filling:
  • 2 pkg. (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened (I used light cream cheese)
  • 1/4 c. sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 t. vanilla extract
In a bowl beat the cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.  Pour over the unbaked crust.
Topping:
  • 3 c. peeled, thinly sliced apples (I used a combo of varieties, but use what you have)
  • 1/2 c. sugar
  • 1 t. ground cinnamon
Combine the topping mixture, and spoon it all over the top of the filling. I used my hands to lay it over the top evenly. Bake the torte at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes.  Cool completely on a wire rack and then remove the side.  Store in the fridge.  This makes enough for 12-14 pieces.

I hope you'll enjoy this during the holiday season! Thanks to Tasty Tuesday and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday for hosting recipe sharing today.


0 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT: