Wednesday, October 13, 2010

UFD ~ Your daily LOVE reminder

If you're eating something yummy like Pumpkin Cobbler, you might want to set it aside ... just for a minute. Yesterday I told you I want to give you something to remind you, daily, of God's great love for you. When we forget how loved we are by our Heavenly Father, we tend to slip into the dumps. Today, I want you to grab hold of an image for the rest of your days. It will help us to choose JOY, and we need that!


I could crochet a Snuggie with all the hair I pull out of my brush each day or from the long, dark hair that comes out in my hands when I wash my hair! (Stay with me ... I'm going somewhere) ;)  Anyone who is around me may wonder at this, because I am a girl with a lot of hair. My whole family is (not girls, but a lot of hair). My poor husband. He has to be so patient, especially now that our teen daughter has clearly inherited my head of thick hair. Our hair dresser loves us. In fact, if I were to come visit you (don't let this stop you from inviting me) I would unintentionally leave a trail of long hair to remind you of my presence. I can't help it. I shed.


There are so many things in life that are down right annoying, even gross. Notice I didn't ask my husband to guest post on this for me. We can find ourselves discouraged from messes in our lives, even messes we create. But in Philippians 4:4 the content apostle Paul challenges us to "Rejoice in the Lord always." He even repeats it: "I will say it again: Rejoice!"  He just finished writing about conflict among Christians and is leading up to talking about ... I'll save that for tomorrow. :)


Always.     Rejoice.     In the Lord.     Rejoice.


So how do you rejoice consistently in a spiritually minded way, while picking up the hair balls of life? We have to ask God to help us see earthly things with heavenly eyes.  Do you lose hair every day?  Of course you do, and now you know that I do too.


But next time you're vacuuming, cleaning out a drain, or using a lint brush, remember this:  "the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows" (Luke 12:6-7).  All that hair loss is a strangely beautiful reminder that God is our attentive Heavenly Father. If you are losing hair daily, God must be constantly monitoring your life, mindful of every change, master of each need, caring about every detail. Our hair loss is a reminder that God completely loves us as His own and considers us precious.  Rejoice in that!  And if you stand beside me this week, don't you dark be checking me out for hair loss! ;)



Lord,
Help me see messes and losses in life through Your eyes. Instead of being distraught, use my circumstances as reminders of Your care and provision. I love it that You watch over me that closely, and it gives me great comfort to know you count me precious.

0 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT: