Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tasty Tuesday ... Pumpkin Cobbler

My budding baker and I made 2 of these for her journalism class, so don't mind the disposable dishes that went home with the teacher after the kids nearly cleaned it out.

The teacher is reported to be planning to make this for her Thanksgiving dinner, INSTEAD of traditional pumpkin pie.  How's THAT for an endorsement??? :)  It's super easy but tastes divine. Enjoy!



PUMPKIN COBBLER
  • 1 large can of pumpkin (29 oz)
  • 1 can evaporated milk (12 oz)
  • 3/4 t. salt
  • 1 t. cinnamon
  • 2 t. vanilla
  • 3 eggs
  • 3/4 c. brown sugar
  • 1/2 c. white sugar
  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1/2 c. melted butter 

Mix the first 8 ingredients together. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Now you have 2 options for the topping:

  1. You can mix the cake mix with the melted butter and then "crumble" it over the pumpkin. Or ..
  2. You can sprinkle the DRY mix over the pumpkin mix and then drizzle the melted butter over it, evenly. 



It's up to you. It's great either way. The kids in Journalism liked it the dry & drizzle way, but I think I like the mix & crumble way. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes until the top is set.  Serve it with cool whip or vanilla ice cream, or just sit around the pan with friends and spoons.



Happy Pumpkin Season!  Tomorrow I can't wait to share with you a great reminder that you WILL NOT forget about how to get Up From the Dumps. ;)
Thanks Jen and Lisa for hosting Tasty Tuesday and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday!

3 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

NicoleKelso said...

Oh, my goodness!!! I shall have to "borrow" this recipe as well...LOL! :-) We're doing pumpkin recipes at work for October...I can't wait to use this one! Thank you!

Morgan Maria I said...

This looks and sounds absolutely delish! I love all things pumpkin! I was beside myself when the stores weren't carrying pumpkin here because of last year's poor harvest. I'll be trying this recipe soon! Thanks & God bless!

Blessedwithgrace said...

What a great recipe for the Holidays - to serve a large group! Love it! Thanks for the recipe and , as always, for linking to TMTT.