Thursday, September 30, 2010

20th Reunion

How did this happen? Here I am packing for a weekend away at my 20th COLLEGE REUNION at Cedarville University (then College)!!! Few things "stand forever."

 (I'm on the far right in both pics ... please say you recognize me!)


Isaiah 40:8

The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever.

This weekend I'm afraid we'll see a few other things that have withered and fallen, in addition to the grass and flowers! ;) But I am expecting it to be great fun. So much has changed in the world and in me in the last 20 years!


Sometimes people say they wish they could "take off 20 years," but I'm seriously glad I'm not still "1990's me."  Yesterday in her testimony on Scripture Dig, my Dig teammate  Kathy Howard said,"I am not where I need to be, but I am also not where I once was." What a great theme to take into my 20th Reunion weekend. I can't wait to tell you about it on Monday ... and to tell you about what in the world it has to do with marriage (Marriage Mondays), but for now, let me share a glimpse of the past. Yes, I'm glad big hair is gone! And do I have to tell you that's a Laura Ashley dress I'm wearing to the right? It was from the OUTLET, of course. ;)

Where were you 20 years ago ... and did you have big hair? Ponytails?

3 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Kristi Stephens said...

LOVE these pics, Julie - you look lovely in them, of course!! ;) Hope you have a wonderful time in c'ville for the reunion!!!

Theresa said...

So funny. It was my 20th high school reunion this year, but I didn't go. I had frosted hair! Really frosted. I thought it looked so cool :)
My prom dress was emerald green! I loved it then. LOL.

Julie_Sanders said...

Yes that's R&J. That was at our end of the year banquet. :) It was great fun to be at the reunion!