Being stuck in a pop up camper with two teens and a dog may not sound like a sweet way to spend time together, but it can be. (See yesterday's "Soggy, Dripping, Camping ... report") As the rain persisted and daylight changed to darkness, we talked through questions that turned out to be a lot of fun, and I learned some new things about the two people that are such a strange mixture of me and my man. Here are some of the questions we enjoyed ... feel free to use them when you're cooped up together this summer. ;)
- If you could've chosen your own name, what name would you have chosen?
- If you were guaranteed to win an Olympic medal in any event, which event would you enter?
- If you could meet anyone in history, whom would you meet?
- If you could own any restaurant in (your town), what restaurant would you own?
- What Christmas tree that we've had was your favorite?
- Who was your favorite teacher ever and why?
- Describe the time you were most surprised.
- Tell about a time when you felt like you really had pity for someone else.
- If you could do a makeover on someone we know, who would it be?
- If you could own a house in the mountains or at the beach, which would you pick?
- What's the best meal you remember having?
- If you could've been born in another country, where would you be from?
We had a lot of fun, learned some new things about each other, and then got off on one final rabbit trail before a familiar "Husband/Daddy" voice from out of the darkness called, "Hello in the camp!"
I hope all of your rainy days are sweet ones. :)