Monday, May 25, 2009

Summer in the Word

Got your vacation plans made? Meals you want to grill? Jobs to do in the yard? Books you're going to read while hanging out on the boat, on the deck, at the beach or at the pool? How about your plans for time in God's Word?

This week we're going to consider how to spend some summer time in God's Word, and I'll throw in some great recipes to add to your grilling list. If you have a plan, can you share what you're going to be studying?

Before you leave a comment and share what you plan to study this summer (yes, I love it when you leave comments ... it's so encouraging & helpful!) I have to share a reason for joy I had this past week. For those women out there, do you get the P31 Woman magazine? Check out pages 6-7 to read "Family Trips ~ Planning for a Joy Ride" by yours truly. SO exciting to be included in this month's edition of Proverbs 31. I hope you'll get a chance to take a look and also to let me know if you have thoughts about something to study this summer.

Blessings,

8 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Kristi_runwatch said...

I'm looking forward to this series this week!

There are a few things I have in mind. Keeping up with my blog is built-in accountability to stay focused on studying God's word! I'm still working on Proverbs with my blog and then will be moving into Ecclesiastes and Song of Solomon, which I'm sure will take me a few months! I do love wisdom lit!!

I'll be leading a group of ladies on Wednesday nights starting in June through Kathy Howard's Before His Throne which centers on the book of Malachi.

And then sometime I want to start studying the Jewish feasts more! :)

Julie said...

Kristi,
good for you. You're a woman with a plan! It sounds like your summer will bear much fruit. I'll look forward to hearing about what you learn on your blog! Thanks for sharing what points me to the Word.

Kristi_runwatch said...

I can't believe I forgot to add: Congrats on your article!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so wonderful - I know God will use you to touch so many women!!

Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

I don't have a solid plan yet but this has me thinking I need to get it all hashed out!

I will be meeting with a group of mom's every other week where we will be focusing on developing a gentle and quiet spirit. We have a book to read and hand book with it. But I want to get something organized for the kids - just haven't gotten around to it yet - but as soon as I do you can be sure I'll be blogging about it!

Thanks for the encouragement to get organized!!!

Julie said...

Courtney, that's a great reminder to also plan for summer refreshment for our kids, instead of just letting it go. We started Ephesians last night with our kids. When my kids were little, one of my favorite summer studies with them was on the fruit of the spirit .... lots of ways to "chew" on that and reinforce with all the senses in the summer.

Angela Longworth said...

I am leading a study with my ABF ladies, called When Wallflowers Dance by Angela Thomas. She is a local, formerly single mom who is such an inspiration to all single moms. I have met her several times and she truly lives out what she teaches on, and I am excited again to be sitting under such a wonderful light for God. If you haven't read her, I highly recommend it.

Lisa said...

Congrats on the published article, Julie. What a thrill! I no longer receive the magazine, so I can't read it, but I am sure it is wonderful.

My summer study plans aren't quite figured out yet. I need to finish the Pursuing Wellness study I started on my blog, which I'll pick up next. And my good friend and I may read through Galatians or Ephesians together. So, we'll see!

Thanks for the reminder to not forget the Word in the midst of it all!

Lindsey Lou said...

I found a great Bible Study plan. In June you read one chapter of Proverbs a day. In July you study, memorize, and meditate on Proverbs 31. In August, you re-read the book of Proverbs. I thought that this was in depth and insightful!