Saturday, May 23, 2009

A REAL Confidence Question

God has used many godly and, oh, so patient people to help me learn what real confidence is, confidence in Christ, for Christ. When I have "adult lapses" with this "teenage trap" of being confident, my Heavenly Father still kindly reminds me of His truths to steer me. I should've known that during this series about CONFIDENCE, I would struggle with (oh, this is almost embarassing) ... CONFIDENCE. :) Oh, well, when I am weak, then He is strong 2 Cor. 12:9.

My all-knowing Heavenly Father gives my long suffering husband words of encouragement, or He prompts my kids to bestow some of their "words of reality" on me, especially after they've told me that they can't believe I went out dressed like I did. :/ You cross into a whole new confidence crisis when your kids are of the age when they think they can now approve/disapprove of your wardrobe choices. I am in that stage. Here is where I call on Paul's wise word: "Rubbish." :)

I pray that this series has helped you to let some REAL, divinely sourced confidence flow into your life. I sure did need it!

So, what do you wish you knew when you were a teenager that you know now?

0 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT: