Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tasty Tuesday ~ Pumpkin Dip

I admit it ... I'm sitting at Chick-fil-a, enjoying a few quiet moments of catching up, in the middle of some appointments and errand running. At the corner table, it's a pretty peaceful place ... you just have to get out before the lunch rush. ;)



There's a quote over the doorway that says "Food is essential to life; therefore, make it good." ~ S. Truett Cathy. And then the #1 Sandwich was born, and the rest is happy history. :)


Jeff & Jo out running.
So in honor of making good food, I want to re-share one of my favorite fall recipes: Pumpkin dip. This past weekend we camped up in the mountains, so I need to stop at the store and get my kitchen back in gear. Tonight for dinner ... something simple: BLTs. But when I'm back in action in the kitchen (and fold the mound of camping laundry that is currently heaped on the table), I'll make this pumpkin dip. I LOVE to serve this with gingersnap cookies. I hope you'll enjoy it.

Pumpkin Dip

1 package of cream cheese, softened (Don't skip "softening" = voice of experience :) )
1 can pureed pumpkin pie mix (18 oz) (or plain pumpkin if ok too)
2 cups confectioners sugar
1/2 - 1 t. ground cinnamon
1/4 t. ground ginger
dash ground cloves
dash nutmeg


In a mixing bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the pumpkin, beating well. Add the sugar and spices, beating well until it's a smooth, creamy consistency. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Perfect with cookies or muffins in the fall!
Going to get a refill on my coffee.... :)

4 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Michelle said...

I love that picture of you and your hubby! Sounds like you had a wonderful time:)

Amy said...

I love this recipe and just picked up the ingredients today to fix it for guests that are coming into town. 

Julie_Sanders said...

Oh, I'm so glad! Enjoy :)


Julie Sanders
www.comehaveapeace.blogspot.com


________________________________

Rosann said...

Oh wow, this sounds really great!  By the way, so does a good old fashioned BLT.  I can't tell you the last time I've enjoyed one of those.  So glad I'm headed out to the store today so I can get supplies for both!  :)  Blessings,
Rosann