Today is the last day of summer on my calendar. One thing I love about summer is the great chance to read. Did you read any inspiring or helpful books this summer?
These are my top 7 reads from summer of 2011:
- One Million Arrows by Julie Ferwerda (Julie asks the question, "Will the world change your children ... or will your children change the world?)
- The iY Generation by Tim Elmore (Described as "the one book every parent, teacher, coach, and youth worker should read." I agree!)
- 5 Conversations You Must Have With Your Son by Vicki Courtney (Every mom of a son should read it. Incidentally, Jeff read it too and loved it.)
- Hearing Jesus Speak Into Your Sorrow by Nancy Guthrie (Nancy knows first hand, "In times of deep sorrow and disappointment, everything we believe can be called into question.")
- Radical Together by David Platt (This is all about going from radical followers of Christ to radical communities of faith.")
- Friendship for Grown Ups by Lisa Whelchel (What a refreshing reminder of how valuable "grown up" friendships are and why we need to "make room" for them.)
- Lineage of Grace by Francine Rivers (So inspiring! This combination of 5 stories of Biblical women reveals how "each took great personal risk to fulfill her calling, and each was destined to play a key role in the lineage of Jesus Christ."
What was your top read of the summer?