Thursday, September 22, 2011

My summer reads 2011

Today is the last day of summer on my calendar. One thing I love about summer is the great chance to read. Did you read any inspiring or helpful books this summer?

These are my top 7 reads from summer of 2011:

  • One Million Arrows by Julie Ferwerda (Julie asks the question, "Will the world change your children ... or will your children change the world?)

  • The iY Generation by Tim Elmore (Described as "the one book every parent, teacher, coach, and youth worker should read."  I agree!)















  • Radical Together by David Platt (This is all about going from radical followers of Christ to radical communities of faith.")





  • Friendship for Grown Ups by Lisa Whelchel (What a refreshing reminder of how valuable "grown up" friendships are and why we need to "make room" for them.)





  • Lineage of Grace by Francine Rivers (So inspiring! This combination of 5 stories of Biblical women reveals how "each took great personal risk to fulfill her calling, and each was destined to play a key role in the lineage of Jesus Christ."

What was your top read of the summer?

3 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Tracy said...

I read the Lisa Whelchel book and enjoyed reading that very much.  Tim Elmore is an occasional guest speaker at our church and oh how we love it when he is there! Wonderful person with so much insight.  I wish I had known about some of his parenting styles when my kids were younger!

Julie_Sanders said...

Me, too, Tracy, but it's not too late. We can be women of influence where we are! I would love to hear Tim speak in person. I was so challenged by his book.
Julie Sanders
www.comehaveapeace.blogspot.com


________________________________

Sandra said...

The Nancy Guthrie book sounds really good! I read One Million Arrows and enjoyed it also.