Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Getting ready for songs

Tomorrow I'm beginning something new, and I want to invite you to come along with me. I'm going to be spending some personal time in the Psalms for the next 5 or 6 weeks. The Psalms are like a song book full of raw, honest, relatable feelings of people like us as they responded to God. I'm excited about going there and staying there for a little while. While you join me?

Do you have a favorite Psalm that has really lodged in some of your life's circumstances or taken a place in your heart and mind?

4 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Penny said...

Good Morning Julie - Once again the Lord leads the way!   In reading through my devotionals this morning I was feeling a push towards the Psalms - my next stop on my morning routine was your blog!      I would love to join you on your journey in the Psalms.      My 'earmarked' Psalm is 107...the first verse is awesome "O Give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever" (KJV)...

Jenifer said...

I am reading in the Psalms now.  One that I read today was 136.  "Give thanks to God....His faithful love endures forever!"  Love it!

Julie_Sanders said...

Lovin' it along with you, Jenifer!

Julie Sanders www.comehaveapeace.blogspot.com

Julie_Sanders said...

I'm so glad we are being "pushed" in the same direction. :) What a wonderful Psalm theme to keep on your mind and heart as we journey!

Julie Sanders www.comehaveapeace.blogspot.com