Monday, May 2, 2011

Marriage Mondays ~ Summer Strategy

It's May!  For a lot of my readers, that means a new season is around the corner. Summer brings longer days, more daylight, a varied routine, and a little different attitude.  It's not a time to "take off" from strengthening our marriage or making our time meaningful.  In fact, sometimes a little added freedom gives us the opportunity to give attention to some neglected areas. If we just let the summer "happen,"  we will get to September and realize we let the season slip away, and we wasted it.  


My May is peppered with exciting opportunities, some of which I'll share with you in the days to come. I'll appreciate your prayers with me as the month unfolds.  Jeff said that May will give me some great things to blog about! ;)  


This past weekend, Jeff and I created a graphic planning tool to help couples communicate about and plan for how to make the most of summer.  We shared it with our Honeymooner ABF yesterday morning, and I hope you'll print it off and use it to do some thinking ahead with your spouse. 


If we aim for nothing, we'll hit it every time.  But summer can be so much more!  It can be a sweet season for us as couples. I hope it will encourage you in the miracle of two becoming one!


If you find the planner helpful, I would love it if you would share it on Facebook or Twitter, or pass it along to a friend. The Scribd document might take a minute to load.  If you have problems viewing it, please email or Facebook me, and I'll be happy to send you the file. :)

Couples Summer Strategy Planner

2 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Wakeupmyfaith said...

Thanks Julie for the chart - as a husband who needs a visual this is great reminder to focus on such important aspects of a solid marriage.

Julie_Sanders said...

Sometimes a visual just helps to break down the swirl of life and make it manageable for a conversation. I hope you enjoy it!

Julie Sanders www.comehaveapeace.blogspot.com