Thursday, May 19, 2011

Blog Hop to Chicken-Pork Adobo

I am posting this ahead of time for the Hearts at Home Blog Hop, since I am hopping around Asia with a missions team this week. :) I'm sure that I'm eating some awesome Asian fare, and I'll be sharing pics with you soon. The theme on this month's blog hop is posting a favorite homemade recipe. In honor of my Asian days this week, I want to re-share a recipe that was a favorite on our table when we lived in Asia. It goes so well with rice, a fruit salad, and sliced cucumbers. Yum!


Chicken & Pork Adobo

  • 1 cup vinegar
  • 1 clove of garlic, crushed (I like to use more than 1)
  • 1/2 t. pepper
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 2 T. sea salt
  • 1-4 T. soy sauce
  • 1 chicken cut up (I like to use about 4 boneless chicken breasts, cubed)
  • 1 pound of pork, cubed
  • 1 1/2 - 2 cups water
  • 2 - 3 T. oil
In a saucepan, combine vinegar, garlic, pepper, bay, salt, soy sauce. Add meat and mix thoroughly. Soak 20-30 min. Add water. Simmer, uncovered, until tender. Strain sauce. Set aside.

Brown garlic and meat in oil. Return all to saucepan, cover and simmer on low until thickened. Serve over white rice.

3 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Jill Savage said...

 This looks yummy!  Thank you for sharing...even though you were hopping all over the world!

Alicia Bruxvoort said...

 That looks wonderful! My kids love to eat with chopsticks.. this will be a great excuse for a silverware free night :)  Thanks

Kristie said...

This looks really good...and easy, too, which I love!