Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanks for Going From Old to New


Our models ~ everything was 2nd hand ... to new!
Maybe it's because I haven't finished packing or because my thoughts feel like mashed potatoes and gravy, but I have thought and considered how to put the past weekend into clear words, and I've come up mostly silent. Mostly ... not totally.  :) I started planning the days long ago, when the Lord starting weaving thoughts and ideas and plans into my mind and heart, and I shared them with my women's ministry team. As the weeks passed, God began to put together a very unique 3 days of ministry, centered around the theme: Holiday Old to New. If the holidays build up to a celebration of Jesus coming to earth, we have to remember that the whole point was for the transformation of our empty lives apart from God. Jesus made the way to take us from "old" to "new." 


Options for old to new
Cindy sharing her testimony



I have loved getting to know my friend, Cindy Bultema, and God brought her to Knoxville to share her story. She shared multiple events this weekend with my own church gals, at Serenity Shelter, and then in a combined adult group on Sunday. I love the way she shares HIS story through her life circumstances. Her prayer was that God's name would be praised, and it was. I loved having a front row seat!
Divine appointments



My friends who love Serenity with me
Friday afternoon, I picked Cindy up from the airport, along with my own sister who came for the weekend. When I got to the church early to "deal with details," the Lord prompted me to come away and spend some time alone with Him in the dark sanctuary to commit the next days to Him, ask for His blessing, soak up His peace, and call out for His movement. I knew many of you were praying, too, after I shared the request last week. THANK YOU for praying with me.


There are too many ways that He showed His intervention to try and write them all out here. At times it was almost overwhelming. He did "immeasurably more than all [I asked] or [imagined.]"  The praises may just come out in drops, the way water trickles out of a full glass. My heart is full. What a sweet way to prepare for Thanksgiving!
 


So I'll leave you with words from God's sweet Word and my hopes for this day, when your heart will be full to overflowing with Thanksgiving.


Ephesians 3: 20-21
 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. 

Praying your heart is full with gratitude for His power at work in your life and that you will pass that on to the generations around your table. 

I'm thankful you come to read here at Come Have a Peace, and I pray you'll enjoy His peace today. Happy Thanksgiving!

0 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT: