Friday, September 24, 2010

Weekend Chores?

As much as I just want to play on weekends, it always seems like it ends up being a "catch up" time. Today I went to fulfill a duty I agreed to do at my daughter's school, trying to overcome the list of obstacles that have popped up to block my efforts. Sigh ... as I sat at the table sorting and stapling, I found myself praying that I  would let God be the Lord of my chores. I needed Him to help turn my tasks back into worship. After all, didn't I volunteer in the first place so that I could serve and reach out and show love? I needed a fresh and godly perspective to make my work my worship. I could hear the Spirit whispering, "So whether you eat or drink or staple packets for the PTA or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" 1 Cor. 10:31. (Embellishment is mine, NOT original ;)



The Fall CHAIN 2010
Will you be doing chores this weekend? Chores are just one of those necessary pieces of our days that we can't do without. With that in mind, our newest women's ministry newsletter focuses on how to let God be the Lord of our chores. If you need a break or a fresh perspective while tackling weekend laundry, paperwork, mail catch up, cleaning, or grocery shopping, click here to enjoy our newest CHAIN (Connect, Help, Attach, Inspire, Nurture).  Imagine that it is a double page that you fold in half, so it's 4 total pages.  We made this one fun and colorful, just to bring a little more splash and joy into the doing of our daily chores!


And after you make a dent in the weekend work, I pray you'll enjoy some time to rest and then worship, so you'll be refreshed for a new week ahead.

2 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

rachel_erin said...

Yep!! I've got some around the house chores to do this weekend, but I'm also looking forward to a wedding shower, parade, and fall festival today, and a getaway with our pastor and his wife next week!! =) Have a great weekend, friend!

Orosco99 said...

Loved the issue of the CHAIN -I printed and enjoyed reading it! Good stuff :-) Our Women's Ministry doesn't do a regular newletter so this was a treat to read. A question for you - do you (or anyone you know of) follow any special "plan" to keep up with chores and a sensible plan for completing them? I always seem to "fly by the seat of my pants" with my household chores. Thanks!