Sunday, January 24, 2010

Marriage Mondays ~ Books to Bless

If you want to join me in Marriage Mondays, click the MckLinky on the end, link back & mention MM in your post, & leave a comment. Copy the button for your post, too.

Welcome to a Marriage Monday! Yesterday at our house I had to wonder if I should build a boat ... rain poured ALL day long. It was a great day for cozy things like napping or reading a book that blesses. So today I thought I would share some of my favorite marriage books; I would love for you to leave a comment and share yours. And if you do leave a comment today, you will be entered to win a copy of the books by Lysa TerKeurst that start my list. I will announce the winner on Friday!

  • Capture Her Heart (for the Hubbies) and Capture His Heart (for the Wives) by Lysa TerKeurst
  • Letters to Karen and Letters to Phillip by Charlie W. Shedd (This is older, but a gem!)
  • Love and Respect by Emerson Eggerichs
  • Becoming the Woman of His Dreams by Sharon Jaynes
  • The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
  • Nightlight - A Devotional for Couples by Dr. James Dobson

Another blog sharing in Marriage Mondays is written by Melanie Chitwood, author of What a Husband Needs from His Wife. Melanie's latest book was just released and sounds like an excellent read: What a Wife Needs from Her Husband.

There's no substitute for reading what God's Word has to say about marriage, but books written by those who use the Bible as our guide for living can be a help and encouragement in the adventure of married life. And it doesn't even have to be raining to take time to open a solid book on wedded bliss to be blessed! ;)

If you have a favorite marriage book you've read, please share for all to see, and remember that you will be entered to win copies of Lysa's books when you leave a comment.

If you would like to join me on this Marriage Monday by sharing a post to encourage others in the miracle of marriage, click on the MckLinky below to leave your address, please mention Marriage Mondays & link in your post, and then leave a comment. You are welcome to copy and paste the Marriage Mondays logo onto your post. I'm glad to have you on the marriage journey with me!




10 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

My favorite marriage book is Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerich!
Courtney
http://www.womenlivingwell-courtney.blogspot.com

Wonderfully Chaotic said...

Two of those are on my favorites list too! I mentioned the giveaway in my blog post too. :)

Becky said...

this is great! thanks for linking me to it Mrs. Courtney

Julie said...

I love the book The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace and to go along with that is a book for our hubbies (I haven't read this one) is The Exemplary Husband by Stuart Scott. Both of these are older books and I believe both have Bible studies.

Allison said...

My favorite book: The Bible...of course!! I always go back to that when I'm feeling off in any sort of way. God's word is all the reminder I need!

Angela said...

Reading "Becoming the Woman of his Dreams" now and loving it!

My husband and I read "This Momentary Marriage" by John Piper and loved it too.

Theresa said...

Hi Julie. I love "The Excellent Wife" by Martha Peace. It is one of those books to keep on hand to refer to often. Of course Ephesians 5 and Proverbs 31have much to say to us wives.

Mary Lutz said...

Hi there,

Just wanted to let you know I subscribed to your blog. Very nice, by the way! I found you through Christian Mom's Network.

Have a blessed day!

Kristi said...

This isn't a "book" per se... does a Bible study count?? :)

NOTHING has taught me as much about Biblical marriage as 5 Aspects of Woman by Barbara Mouser. I cannot recommend this study highly enough!!

Stephanie said...

I've been reading the Resolution for Women..I am a single mom, but I am preparing to start a second marriage and I am doing all I can to prepare so that this time I won't make the same mistakes as before, so that I can respect my husband to be so that he will show me the love I need.  Thank you for having marriage Mondays