Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tasty Tuesday ~ Sweet & Simple Cider

My friend Carol served this the other night at a Christmas party, and it was colorful, sweet, and simple to make. It has a beautiful red color that's perfect for the holidays. SO easy!

Sweet & Simple Cider

2 boxes of instant spiced cider packets (10 pkg each) ~ She used Kroger brand

1 small bag (6 oz) of imperial cinnamons (Not sure what that is? Think "red hots" or click here.)

Mix the cider packets in a large stockpot and add the cinnamons, heating until they are all melted and combined in the cider. Serve with a ladle.

This is one of the great holiday season recipes being shared at Tempt My Tummy Tuesday & Tasty Tuesday. I find great recipes at both recipe carnivals.

7 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

Wow - that's simple and different and SO pretty! Thanks for sharing!!

Courtney

Anonymous said...

yum, I don't think I've ever heard of adding red hots...yummmmy!
Thanks for sharing the idea.

(-: Brook

Stephanie said...

Wow that seems so simple and so yummy. I remember eating those little cinnamon imperials when I was a kid-I loved them!

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Mmm, that sounds really good.

Anonymous said...

What a neat recipe-simple and delicious.
vickie @ cooking with vickie

michelle said...

I was craving (prego and all) cider a few weeks ago, and so I bought the packets at the store, and it's just not really good enough! Adding red hots to it, would make it so great! YUM

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I'm so cold right now. That cider sounds perfect!! Thanks for sharing the recipe and linking to TMTT.