Friday, October 23, 2009

Warm words on a Rainy Day

I have met some wonderful people through the "Blogosphere." I have enjoyed praying for them, being prayed for, and learning from them as we share our lives together. Who knew the internet could be such a tool for helping us to move ahead on our journey with the Lord? Just this morning I received a message from a far away friend, letting me know that my family is in her thoughts and prayers.

The past month has been full, and I can hardly believe that we are looking at one final week of October, staring Daylight Savings Time in the face. As I look back, I realize that I left out a big "woohoo" from bloggish encouragement at the end of September. I was blessed to receive a One Lovely Blog Award from a blog-friend Ann over at Honoring the King, where she shares a bundle of practical ideas for saving money and homekeeping that are sweetened by her own insights of life's recent challenges. Here beautiful blog front door just says, "Autumn!" Thank you, Ann!

Today I was blessed by Cindy (who is now flu free!) of She Sparkles who gave me the Loyal Blog Award. I was so encouraged and challenged by Cindy's pre-flu :) posts about forgiveness, and I love her heavenly perspectives on life. Her blog title fits her so well, and I look forward to hearing her testimony in person, someday. I want to pass on this award to a friend who I get to enjoy "in person" ..... Patty from So Much More. I always enjoy her insights and words of encouragement.

It is REALLY gray and rainy and dreary here in Tennessee today. I am so thankful for the bright arrival of warm words from friends ... even via the internet. It only takes a few words to really lift a soul!

A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver. ~ Prov. 25:11

1 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Unknown said...

♥ I hope you and your family have a great weekend!♥