Monday, September 28, 2009

The stuff of life ... His

"I'm tired, Lord," I said aloud, "from all the stuff of life. From evening news, economy, school work, laundry, strife.

I've tried so hard to do it all and, Lord, I've done a lot. As Mom says, there's not much left but a little greasy spot.

I planned ahead and organized and didn't waste my time. I volunteered and worked part time, made dinner on a dime.

But, Lord, despite my efforts and the progress that I made, it seems that it's my weakness that the things of life displayed.

When I am weak, then you are strong in everything I do. So, Lord, please take my burdens back; I give them all to You."

Psalm 55:22

Cast your cares on the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall.

1 Peter 5:7

Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.

2 Corinthians 12:9

9But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.


3 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Nancy said...

Dear Julie,
I think you must have wrote this just for me :) Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

Jul, I'm printing this and carrying it with me today. I NEEDED that! Thank you for being the Lord's servant! Love, Jenny C.

Anonymous said...

Song....

I cast all my cares upon You, I lay all of my burdens down at Your feet, and anytime that I don't know what to do, I will cast all my cares upon You.