Saturday, August 1, 2009

Pray for Me?

Tomorrow morning I have the privilege of teaching the middle school girls at our church at 9:30. In my own life, those were years when I really began to be awakened to God's Word and to want to know Him for myself, trying to figure out how to apply my faith to life. Of course, I was motivated by the horrors and happenings of "Middle School." We could blog just about that, couldn't we? :) That window of time is pivotal. I would really appreciate your prayers, as God may bring me to your mind in the morning. I'm praying that God's message will be clear to the young girls who will be with me in the "Bridge."

As always, God works in advance to weave the scripture and the illustrations into my own life to prepare me for an opportunity to teach. As I have prayed about this hour, His faithfulness has been no different. Here's a glimpse of what I'll be focusing on:

"God's mark on Me ... My Mark on God"

God's Mark On Me

- His mark looks like He does ... What does He look like?

- I am not my own ~ 1 Cor. 6:17-20 (The "cute, evil t-shirt" of earlier this week)

- I should be more like Christ all the time ~ Eph. 4:14, 15, 22-24

- I have to know what His mark looks like ~ 1 John 2:4-6

- I need to know what the world's mark looks like ~

  • ~ No appearance of evil = 1 Th. 5:22, 23
  • ~ Conduct with outsiders = 1 Th. 4:12
  • ~ Conduct with insiders = 1 Th. 4:4-7, 3:12, 13

- Someone else wants to mark me

  • ~ Satan is ... 2 Cr. 11:13-15, 1 Pt. 5:8

~ God gave me a GREAT illustration of this while on vacation, and I'll share it here on the blog soon.

My Mark on God

- What is my: testimony to those outside the Body/the world? Col. 4:5,6

- What am I: A HELP to the Body or a HINDRANCE to the Body? 1 Th. 4:6


I wear someone's mark.

God wants me to wear His mark.

Satan wants me to wear his mark.

Whose mark will I wear?

Thanks for praying. When I speak or teach, my prayer is always that of Moses, that God will "be with my mouth" and use me as a vessel to deliver what He wants to be heard. What a responsibility. Pray for me today to live out these truths. I pray the same for you.

3 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Unknown said...

I am praying for you. Teaching middle school aged girls can be a challenge. I pray God will give you all the right words and prepare the girls hearts to hear what you have to say. Blessings!

Cindy Bultema said...

How did it go for you on Sunday morning?? You were in my prayers! Would love to hear all about it. What an awesome message (for women of all ages!) Thanks for the opportunity to lift you in prayer!
~ Cindy :)

Unknown said...

You are so welcome. I am very happy to hear everything went well. :)