Friday, August 7, 2009

Group Study = Sweet!

In just four short weeks, something wonderful is going to happen here. No, I'm not referring to UT Football kicking off, local soccer season or even apple picking ... though all of these involve the essential nature of a team or a group to make it a success. What I'm looking forward to also involves a group. Unlike Vols football, it's a bit more quiet, and people wear many colors, not just orange. :) (Orange is really NOT my color, so this is good.) But like apples, a "bunch" in assorted varieties pretty much guarantees sweetness in the coming event.

What could it be? Group Bible studies! I have enjoyed being part of groups that study together since I was in college. There have been times when I was "on my own," without a group, and I truly missed the encouragement, the accountability, the motivation, and the learning when people come together around God's truths and seek to know Him more deeply. It's like putting on polarized glasses ... everything is amplified, with colors that are enhanced and sharpened. We see new things we wouldn't see alone.

This fall we have morning & evening studies for women. Here are the titles of the studies we will enjoy:

  • Hebrews ~ Draw Near to His Throne (Precept ~ Part 2)
  • Living Beyond Yourself ~ Exploring the Fruit of the Spirit (Beth Moore)
  • Isaiah ~ The Word of the Holy One ... (Precept ~ Part 2)
  • The Parent Adventure (Rodney & Selma Wilson)
  • How Can I Be Blessed? ~ The Sermon on the Mount (Precept)
  • Me, Myself, and Lies ~ A Thought Closet Makeover (Jennifer Rothschild)
  • The Pursuit of God (A.W. Tozer)
  • To Live is Christ (Beth Moore) ~Group for women caring for children with special needs.
I love to see women coming to these groups with the same hopes: that we will know God through His Word, apply His truth to life, and encourage one another in our daily pursuit. Like a team with a goal, we will strive together to gain understanding and grow in our strength. Our goal is victory in our faith. This will be time well spent.

Fruit will grow as we meet together, bringing a variety of experiences and perspectives and lifestyles together around our Lord. The variety will produce sweetness; beautiful things will happen.


I hope you will pray and plan to carve out group time to study God's truths. It is worth the investment of time and commitment. I will be studying the
Sermon on the Mount with a group, answering the question, "How can I be blessed?" For our first step toward blessing, we're joining a study group!

Blessings to you for what can be gained "together"!

6 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Unknown said...

That is wonderful! I am excited for all of you!
Blessings!

Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

That's a GREAT list of studies you have there! I LOVE precept studies! And I just did Beth Moore's Fruit of the Spirit one this spring and I led the other Beth Moore study many moons ago!!! I LOVE group studies! Enjoy!

Kristi_runwatch said...

What a lovely selection of studies!! That study on the Sermon on the Mount would be right up my alley right now - I'd love to join you!

I LOVE our women's Bible studies. What a precious time together!!! I'm so excited to be co-leading 5 Aspects of Woman this year with a wonderfully wise and experienced woman who has been leading this study for years and years - it really changed my life the first time through, and I am humbled and excited to have her mentor me through leading it.

Julie@comehaveapeace said...

That's a new one to me, Kristi. I'll have to look it up. How wonderful to have a godly woman mentor you in the teaching of the study ... so Titus 2ish. :) What joy!

patty@somuchmore said...

Julie,

For me ... studying the Bible with a group of women in my church is a gentle reminder of my DAILY need to sit at the feet of Jesus.

The structure & accountability of the daily homework allows me the opportunity to "sit with Him" 5 days each week. :)

Julie@comehaveapeace said...

Patty, so well said. I know I need that accountability, and makes such a difference in my daily time when I'm anticipating being with my group.