Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tasty Tuesday ~ Veggie Pizza

This is a great summertime recipe. It's also an awesome way to motivate kids and "veggie resisters" to WANT to eat their veggies. It's colorful and delicious and easy to eat. Perfect to serve at a cookout or take on a picnic. This is meant for your end of summer table!

VEGGIE PIZZA
Spray a pizza pan (I use a round one for added effect :) ) with non-stick spray. Use one roll of crescent roll dough to cover the pan. You may need to do a little cutting and pasting. Press all seams together. I leave a slight space between the dough and the edge. Bake the dough at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes, just until golden brown. After baking, allow crust to cool slightly.

Mix 1 block of cream cheese (softened), 1 c. mayonnaise, and 1 pkg of dry ranch mix (I use light cream cheese and mayo). Spread the creamed mixture gently over the crust to the edges. Sprinkle a mixture of veggies all over the pizza. Getting creative only adds to the beauty!

Small cuts of veggies: broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, peppers ...
Sprinkle with shredded cheese. I use Colby Jack or Cheddar.
Chill til ready to eat, and cut into squares. It will go fast!

See more great summer treats at Tasty Tuesday and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

12 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

MadeInCanarias said...

Souds delicious!

Samantha said...

My family would love this ! Thanks for sharing, have a blessed day.

Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

Mmmmm...cresent roll - what a great idea!

Amy said...

Sounds delish.
Thanks for sharing!
Amy

Jerralea said...

I love this stuff! I make mine in an oblong pan to make it easier to take to potlucks. But you're right, it would be prettier in a round pan.

Michele said...

this sounds good and easy which is always good. TFS

Chaos Cottage said...

I have had this and it is delicious!

Pam

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Oh boy!

Great idea! I have soo many veggies I'm having a hard time closing my fridge! Thanks for the neat idea.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I like veggie pizza. Thanks for linking up to TMTT.

Brenda said...

I've never seen this recipe before but it looks like a great summer appetizer.

Kristi said...

yum! I'm writing this one down right now! :)

My Sweet Side said...

This sounds so refreshing,easy and yummy. Thanks for sharing it on Tasty tuesday. Come stop by my blog too.