Saturday, May 2, 2009

And the winner is ...

Bridgette B! Congratulations, Bridgette. I'll get your copy of "Mothers of the Bible" to you this weekend. I hope you enjoy it and find it encouraging.

Mother's Day is just one week away. It's a great time to reflect on what our mothers mean to us and, if we have the privilege to mother another or spiritually mother another, to reflect on what a difference we are making. Since Jeff and I never had the chance to live near our mothers or grandmothers, I can't wait to tell you what Coconut Cream Pie has to do with God's blessing of "mothering" in our lives.

In the mean time, I'm gathering "famous words my mother said/says to me." I'll have the privilege to share some of "Mom's words" with our church family on Mother's Day. Are there any words that come to your mind from your mom's voice? I'd love to hear them.

3 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Bridgette said...

I am so excited! I didn't even know there was a giveaway when I left my comment so I'm super pumped about the book! As far as mother's words "Just do your best" comes to mind.

Anonymous said...

Jul, my mom (perhaps yours too!) frequently has told me to "just do the next thing" when I feel overwhelmed by too much to do. It has helped me many times! Above all, my mom always looks at life and situations through the lens of her faith in the Lord and His sovereignty - that's one of my greatest treasures from her. Be blessed today, Jenny C.

Anonymous said...

My mom is known for saying, "In life, there's never 'no U turns allowed'"- that phrase has encouraged me many times coming from her lips.
Becca Ware