Monday, April 27, 2009

Spring Retreat '09

It's ironic, but a "retreat" with other women, around the things of God, is actually an "advance." And what a sweet advance it was this past weekend! I thought that I might've had a great retreat "dream" the night we got home, but instead I had a dream about getting a bad haircut. :) Not even trying to figure that out. James 1:17 declares, "Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights," so let me give some "retreat reflections" of God's goodness.

~ My team focused on the challenges from Colossians 3, and they truly clothed themselves with godly qualities and served the women in Jesus' name. Love serving with them!









~ Gwen Smith ... what can I say? Her amazing gifts are just offered back to God for His glory, and our lives were blessed by her testimony and teaching. Love to worship with Gwen!

~ This was our 3rd year with Meadow View, and we enjoyed some fruit of nurturing relationships there. Awesome opportunity to represent the Lord among the staff.

~ My sweet hubby and our church administrator, Marty, came to serve US. Two humble men who were willing to carry boxes, run wires, work the tech, and get slightly picked on by women on retreat ... :) THEY blessed us!

~ Wow, Lord, you gave us the most awesome weather! Thank you! You just invited us to be outside together, to linger long over lunch in the shade, to sit in the grass, and just to enjoy your creative hand. It was a gift we loved.



~ As I read the "feedback cards," I'm privileged to catch glimpses of how God worked in women's lives. As the leader, I often have the opportunity to watch and listen to the group as God works: holy and beautiful sounds and sights.



~ Thank you, God, for inviting us to give our broken pieces to You, so that you can make something truly beautiful and radiant.



The name of the retreat was very appropriate: "Beautiful."

3 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Bridgette said...

Julie I love the new look of your blog. I had an absolutely amazing time at the retreat. As I told Gwen I didn't really expect this retreat to be for me, but God uncovered some red lipstick in my life and I am so glad that "my chains are gone! and I've been set free". Thanks for a great retreat!

Julie said...

I'm so glad you were there, and I'm going to sign up at whatever I go to next as "Bridgette Boudreaux." :) The red lipstick is a great image, isn't it? Rejoicing in the freedom with you!

Chaos Cottage said...

Amen Sister! I had a wonderful time.

Pam