Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tasty Tuesday ~ Easy, Awesome Baked Beans

If it wasn't for having so many people ask me how I do this recipe, I wouldn't consider it "Tasty Tuesday worthy," because it's just SO easy. But this recipe for Easy Baked Beans is SO good, and it's cheap and fast, which makes it even better!

It's been such a warm winter here that spring definitely came early, and we've started grilling out. I'll admit that I'm having to fight the images conjured up by the words "pink slime," so I think I'm going to be grilling fish and chicken for a while. In case you're not daunted by all of the ground beef hubbub, you might like this trick for grilling burgers. I like to make an indentation in the center of the burger, so that it cooks more evenly in the middle, instead of being undercooked.

Easy, Awesome Baked Beans

  • Start with a 2 lb (or close to it) can of baked beans. It doesn't really matter what variety, and it doesn't have to be the fancy kind. I use generic store brand or whatever's on sale.
  • Mix in 3/4 c. brown sugar and 1/4 c. ketchup. Stir well.
  • Spray a glass cooking pan and pour in the beans. (I just mixed mine right in the pan)
  • If your budget and waistline are not too tight, you can lay about 4-6 slices of bacon on top of the beans at this point, but I usually leave this off, and I think it's just as good.
  • Bake at 325 degrees for 2 hours.
Enjoy!

0 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT: