Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tasty Tuesday ~ Becky's Chocolate Silk Pie

I associate most of my friends with food.  What would I associate with you if we had the fun of eating "real," non-blog food together!?!? :)

  • Donna = creamy baked pork chops
  • LeAnn = creamy chicken noodle soup
  • Kim = creamed corn (There's a creamy theme going on too!?!?)
  • Tara = Speculoos cookies
  • Beth = homecoming day chili
  • Melody = butter knot rolls
  • Steph = Mt. Dew apple dumplings :) 

But when I think of Becky, who was such a mentor to me in many ways, there are too many recipes to pick from. When it's spring and time to celebrate Easter, her Chocolate Silk Pie is PERFECTION. I made it last Thursday for our small group, popped it in the freezer, and pulled it out Sunday evening. It's easy to make and freeze, if you want to keep one handy for last minute guests ... or moments when you want to remember your NEW FRIEND BECKY. ;)

Chocolate Silk Pie
  • 1 c. butter (softened, but not melted)
  • 1 1/2 c. sugar
  • 4 squares of melted chocolate (I used unsweetened baking chocolate squares)
  • Cream together these 3 ingredients.
  •  
  • Add 2 t. vanilla and blend.
  • Add 5 eggs, one at a time, beating for 3 minutes after each. (Really ... don't skimp.)
  • Fold in about 12 ounces (1 1/2 of the smaller containers) of Cool Whip (I used fat free ... made me feel better). Mix thoroughly. Save the other 4 ounces to top the pie when serving.
  • To serve, top with some cool whip and shave some chocolate over the top. You could also use chocolate sprinkles or mini chocolate chips. 

I used a purchased graham cracker crumb crust; you could also use a baked pie shell, if you prefer. This is a beautiful dessert that keeps well, can be made ahead (even frozen) and is a rich end to a meal.

I love to make the celebration of the Resurrection a special meal that reflects the New Covenant made possible by Jesus' sacrifice and the great gift of God's grace.  What will you make for your Easter dinner?

2 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Orosco99 said...

I'm thinking about a yummy, cheesy potato casserole - do you have a good one that's Easter-worthy? I sure want to give your pie a try soon too! Thanks :-).

Julie_Sanders said...

I do!  Maybe that will be next week's Tasty Tuesday. :)

Julie Sanders www.comehaveapeace.blogspot.com