Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Quiet here ... creating space

We will be quiet here at Come Have a Peace for the remainder of the week. I am creating some space in my days as I prepare for our women's retreat this weekend. I need some "extra room" in my schedule and in my mind to pray, to prepare, to work, and to be sure my family doesn't feel an overflow of "hectic." :) As our women's ministry director, my plate is well proportioned this week, but I don't want to have a spill! 

The Scripture Dig Team
I so appreciate your prayers for our retreat as the women of my church meet together to consider what it means to be "in the Family." My sweet women's ministry team is serving along with me, and my Scripture Dig sisters will be joining us to open God's Word at this retreat, and our hearts are full with expectation. It's going to be joyful, and I will share pictures with you soon! Next week I'll also share a list of the book recommendations from Scripture Dig that we'll be offering at our retreat. They are great ideas for Mother's Day suggestions ;) or summer reading plans.

You can check out the Come Have a Peace Facebook page (link on the right sidebar here - just "like" it on the page to see/leave updates) if you'd like to see any quick updates over the weekend.

Blessings to you!

13 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Hoping and praying you are able to keep your plate balanced and prepare for an awesome retreat, Julie!

Melissa said...

Will be praying for all of you, that God shines through your words this weekend and that you bask in the fellowship of friends.

Jenifer Metzger said...

Will continue to lift you and the retreat in prayer! God has big plans!

Julie_Sanders said...

Thanks so much Jennifer!

Julie Sanders www.comehaveapeace.blogspot.com

Julie_Sanders said...

Oh, it makes me happy to think of how God will answer that prayer. Thank you!

Julie Sanders www.comehaveapeace.blogspot.com

Becca said...

Blessings as you prepare, Julie. I pray the retreat goes off without a hitch and that the Lord is present with you throughout your planning and this weekend. Thanks for sharing that you're taking time to focus and prepare with Him - great reminder to "keep the main thing, the main thing!" Have a great time :)

Alisa Hope Wagner said...

Have a beautiful time with your sisters-in-Christ! I can't wait to hear how it went!

Mary said...

I will be praying for you my friend. I know God has wonderful plans for this weekend. I can't wait to hear all about it. - Mary

Julie_Sanders said...

Thank you sweet Mary!

Julie Sanders www.comehaveapeace.blogspot.com

Julie_Sanders said...

Thank you Alisa. My Daybreak ladies were so blessed this morning by your Watercolor post! :)

Julie Sanders www.comehaveapeace.blogspot.com

Julie_Sanders said...

Thanks so much  Becca, and just pray that I keep that main thing the focus in the midst of details. ;)

Julie Sanders www.comehaveapeace.blogspot.com

Amy Sullivan said...

I'm finally making my way back around to some of the blogs I discovered and enjoyed through the Blog Party.

Like you, I had a pretty crazy week, but unlike you I think my family felt the "overflow of hectic". I need to work on that.

I'm interested in seeing your book recommendations!

Julie_Sanders said...

I hope your weekend was peaceful, Amy, with less "overflow." :) Book resource list should go up Tuesday the 12th.


Julie Sanders www.comehaveapeace.blogspot.com