Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tasty Tuesday ... Chicken Parm Zip

I found this recipe the first year we were married, and I still make it, because:

  • It only takes 4 ingredients.
  • It's extremely fast and easy.
  • It tastes amazing.
  • It's inexpensive.
  • It's healthy.
If you buy boneless skinless chicken breast on sale, this is a very economical meal. This week, 2 of my area grocery stores have chicken breast on sale for less than $2. Time to stock up!

Chicken Parm Zip
1/2 c. mayo (I like to use reduced fat)
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese (the kind you shake)
1 t. Italian seasoning (or a combo of oregano, parsley, rosemary)
1 boneless skinless chicken breast halves

Heat your broiler. Stir the first 3 ingredients. Spray a broiler safe pan with cooking spray and lay the chicken on it. Brush chicken with 1/2 of the sauce. Broil on the top rack, about 8-10 minutes. (Keep an eye on it, so it doesn't burn.)Turn and brush with remaining sauce. Broil 8-10 minutes more.

(Makes 4 servings) Goes really well with a baked potato or rice and a green veggie like snap peas or sauteed green beans.


This is one of those recipes that helped me gain some confidence in the kitchen and to feel like I could have guests for dinner without being afraid dinner would flop. :) Kids love it, too. It has an excellent flavor, but it's so fast that I can make it after a day of work or running errands.

Enjoy!

Thanks to Lisa for hosting  Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. If this looks like a recipe you'll enjoy, you can share it on Twitter or Facebook below or to the right on the sidebar.

1 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Cindy Stille Bultema said...

Thanks for sharing, Julie! This looks like something I could handle! I think I'll try it this week!
Blessings to you, my friend!
Love
Cindy :)