Yesterday for Marriage Monday I
gave a caution for Valentine season, but these treats are fun to make for the one you love in your "real world." They aren't hard to make, and they're delicious enough to modify for any special event. I served these at a baby shower in January, but they would also be perfect for showing a friend, a teacher, a sister, or a sweetheart that you love and appreciate them. My mother-in-law was the first one to show me (many moons ago) that I could make my own Peanut Butter Cups, and they've been a treat on our family special occasion table and in gift boxes from our kitchen ever since.
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Any color of chocolate disks from a craft or candy shop. I used pink and white, since they’re Valentine themed.
- Plastic candy mold – you can find these at any craft store like JoAnn’s, Hobby Lobby, or Michael’s. I chose to use a heart shape, but you choose whatever you like.