What I did find was a package of wheat tortilla wraps, which inspired me ...
- In the freezer I found a bag of shredded cheese
- In the fridge I found a 1/2 jar of salsa and 1/2 jar of sour cream
- In the pantry I found a can of black beans ... and a subway ticket ;) JUST KIDDING!
Dinner! Almost ...
On my way home from school in the afternoon, I picked up a rotisserie chicken on sale for $3.99. I took it home and shredded the chicken, and each of us built a dinner burrito.
The family loved making burritos, and I don't even think they knew I was behind in my planning/prep that week. If they did, the burritos made them forgive me. :)
- Fill a tortilla with shredded chicken in the middle (protein)
- Add beans (rinsed and drained) and salsa to your liking (veggie binders)
- Sprinkle on some shredded cheese (dairy topping)
- Wrap up your burrito, and lightly "fry" it in a frying pan sprayed or on a panini maker (we are blessed to have been given)
- Add a dollop of sour cream on top.
This also works well for breakfast with a protein, a binder, and a topping. For example: Sausage or bacon/scrambled egg, mushrooms/tomatoes, and your choice of cheese.
This week I'm more on track with pantry and prep life, but burritos will be back on my menu soon!
Tomorrow .... something Jesus wants us to "Be" that was perfectly timed for His first century audience and hasn't changed much in the 21st century.