Saturday, December 11, 2010

5 Reasons 2B Flexible

Christmas time should be Festive, Significant, and Peaceful. But even if we do our best to make it faith filled and prepare the way for it with forgiveness of any grudges we bear, things may not go our way. After all, we share the season with a lot of other imperfect people. Today my schedule includes a meeting with my (oh so sweet) women's ministry team gals, a party with our Honeymooners (they're sweet too!), and a big block in between with my fam = lots o' people. People are the variable in every equation for a "perfect Christmas." 

Our Christmas can NOT be festive without being FLEXIBLE.  

Here are my Top 5 reasons why we MUST be flexible to be festive:
  1. weather (Come ooooon, snowflakes!)
  2. having an earthly body that might get sick, tired, or sleepy ... or all 3
  3. unexpected needs, ideas, and desires of people around me
  4. spontaneous opportunities
  5. And #5 ... the biggest reason we have to be flexible:  THE HOLY SPIRIT!!!!! :) He is at work in us and in our circumstances. Part of the fun of being Him must be not giving details until we NEED to know them.

Keeping a flexible outlook helps me keep the door open for God's plans to take over mine, for other people to be more important than me, and to let my weakness magnify God's greatness.        When Paul was pleading (3 times!!! Can you relate?) to have his hardships removed, God answered,  “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” (2 Cor. 12:9)


This Christmas CAN BE FESTIVE!  Aren't you glad?  Let's expect great things when we give Faith, Forgiveness, and Flexibility the rightful place they deserve in our Christmas lives. 

I'm looking forward to sharing how to have a SIGNIFICANT Christmas next week, starting with one of my favorite Christmas marriage stories on Marriage Monday! I hope you'll check back or subscribe to get updates by email.



Peace on earth,

0 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT: