Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tasty Tuesday ... EZ Pumpkin Muffins

I'm a little late in posting my Tasty Tuesday recipe today. I was catching up on things like vacuuming trail mix out of the floor of my car. ;)

This is one of our favorite fall recipes, because it is really yummy, but it requires few ingredients (only 2 from the pantry) and is very simple and quick to make. I baked these before school this morning! You may've seen similar recipes; my older sis gave me this one a while ago, and it's become a standard in my kitchen this time of year.

EZ Pumpkin Muffins

1 box of spice cake mix (I used Duncan Hines - got it on sale)
1 c. of canned pumpkin (not pie mix, just pumpkin, so you can also do it yourself, if you can't find find canned pumpkin)
1/2 c. water

Seriously. That's it. (So easy you'll have time left over to vacuum trail mix out of the car. ;) ) Mix it together until you just see a few dry cake mix crumbs. Spray 12 muffin tins, and spoon batter into the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 24 min. They'll be ready to take out the pan in just a few minutes, and they are delicious with butter, cream cheese, apple butter, or just plain. Perfect for breakfast or later in the day with a stew or soup.

Enjoy!



Tomorrow we're talking about "Encouragement for REAL People," with practical ideas to try in your day. One thing I love about cooking aromatic, hearty, simple foods like these EZ Muffins is that it helps bring warmth to a down day and pick me Up From the Dumps!  If you don't want to miss, be sure to subscribe to email updates, and I would love to have you FOLLOW if you haven't already.


Thanks to Jen for hosting Tasty Tuesday and to Lisa for hosting Tempt My Tummy Tuesday!

0 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT: