Lazy Lasagna(DON'T let the name make you feel bad. Feel efficient! :)
- 3/4 lb. ground beef
- 4 c. spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 1/2 t. Italian seasoning (or mixture of oregano, thyme, basil)
- 2 eggs
- 2 c. ricotta or cottage cheese (I use low fat cottage)
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 4 c. shredded mozzarella or Italian mix cheese
- 2 T. parmesan cheese
- Brown beef. Drain. Mix in spaghetti sauce, water, and spice.
- Combine egg and cheeses 1 & 2.
- Layer two times: Beef mixture, uncooked noodles, cottage cheese mixture, mozarella.
Sprinkle with the 2 T. parmesan cheese. (Now cover well and freeze it if you want. Thaw and bake as usual later.) Bake covered at 400 degrees for 40 min, then 350 degrees for 20 min. I uncover it for the last 10 minutes. You could serve this with extra spaghetti sauce.
Now if you're using Food Tidings you can check to see if you are the only one bringing lasagna to a friend in need. :) And while we're talking about friends in need, let's not forget that right now there are many experiencing need due to unemployment. They would appreciate the surprise and help of a meal, too.
Now that we are starting to sniff fall in the air, what are you looking forward to making?