Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tasty Tuesday ~ Kool-Aid Apples

Well, first let me give a disclaimer ... I don't think Cooking Light or Eating Well will be chasing me down for permission to print this recipe ;) but I am unashamed to say I think it's awesome! We were served this fun treat by a great friend of ours who happens to be a single man, and I love the creativity, simplicity, and taste. I made it while we were camping last week; it's also quick and a hit with kids and adults alike. Take a look ...

Kool-Aid Sprinkled Apples

I used green apples and sprinkled them (do NOT used your hands unless you want to have red fingers = "first hand" testimonial) with SUGAR FREE cherry Kool-aid. This keeps them from browning and adds a delightfully sweet flavor.

For the 4th of July, wouldn't it be fun to use red apples and sprinkle with a sugar free BLUE Kool-Aid flavor? That would be a very patriotic treat.




Okay ... next week I'll post something really healthy. :) Thanks to Jen and Lisa for hosting the food parties today, where you'll find lots of great recipes!

3 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Rose said...

This does look tasty and I'm sure would go over well with the kids here. Can't wait to try it.

Laurie said...

Can't wait to try this with the kids at church! I bet they will love it!

Crystal Roberts said...

LOVE easy ideas, this one! This one I will have to try. I was hoping for a picture of your fingers ;)