Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tasty Tuesday ~ 3 Hour Chicken

Welcome to Tasty Tuesday! I love to put this together and leave it in the oven while we're at church Sunday morning or before I go pick up from school in the afternoon. 3 hours later ... voila! You have the most amazing, mouth watering, fall apart in your mouth entree. I like to serve this with a baked potato (same time in the oven, since it's a low temp) and a salad. Excellent combo. The sauce is wonderful drizzled over the baked potato, too.

3 Hour Chicken

  • 2 pkg of Budding sliced beef (I only use it for this recipe.)
  • 8 chicken breasts
  • 8 slices of bacon (Optional. If I'm pinching pennies, I leave it out.)
  • 1 can mushroom soup
  • 16 oz. sour cream

Spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray. Layer the beef slices on the bottom. Here you can wrap the breasts in bacon and then lay on top of the beef, or just lay the plain breasts on top of the beef.




Combine soup and sour cream until well mixed.






Spread on top of the chicken. Bake uncovered for 3 hrs at 275 degrees. When you walk in and smell this coming out of your kitchen, you're going to be SO GLAD YOU LIVE THERE!!!


That's it! Super easy and amazingly delicious. Warning: People around your table will want to stick their finger in the pan to get the last bits of succulent sauce .... have napkins available and don't fuss at them. :)



Remember to pop in some baked potatoes and get a salad. If you need salad ideas, check here. Enjoy!

I'm participating in Tasty Tuesday and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday today ~

6 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

Mmmmm...this looks so yummy. I have never seen budding beef before? I might skip that part and just go for the bacon. Bacon + anything = yum-o for me!

Courtney

Julie@comehaveapeace said...

Budding Beef is in the section of pre-packaged lunchmeats near the hot dogs and sausages. It's probably not something we look for often :)

Unknown said...

Hard to believe something so easy could be so yummy! I'm definitely going to try this one! Thanks!

Chaos Cottage said...

I think ham would substitute for the beef as well. Sounds yummy.

Pam

Wonderfully Chaotic said...

That sounds great! I'm definitely going to have to try it out!

Jessie Weaver said...

I try to stay away from canned cream-of soups...but until I saw your picture I had totally forgotten about this dish! My mom used to make this when I was a kid! I totally want some now. :)