Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tasty Tuesday ~ Roasted Tomato Soup Review!

On Saturday I ate the best Tomato Soup ever! That's right. Roasted Tomato Soup served with crostini sticks and the most delicious crouton ever floating on its back in the center on the bowl, with perfect sour cream (Yes, there IS a difference in sour creams.) drizzled like a Chinese character on the surface. One bite and I was a fan, so for Tasty Tuesday and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday today, I am simply paying tribute to my bowl of soup.

Where? I enjoyed this surprising dish at Cafe 4 on Market Square in Knoxville while out with my foodie daughter and her foodie friend. For $3 a cup or $5.50 a bowl (I got the bowl and was SO glad I did.) you can indulge. I'm planning to go back for the "Grilled Cheese Dipper," a tower of thick cut grilled cheese triangles perched beside a bowl of Roasted Tomato Soup, but clearly waiting their turn to be dipped and enjoyed. Anyone local need a lunch date? :)


Maybe someday I'll get to share a recipe for this soup. One can only hope. I'll start experimenting this week. I'm open to suggestions if you have a recipe you think may match this bowl of yumminess. It's only January so I have lots of cold nights to try them out. I promise that if someone sends me the right recipe (or a close cousin), I'll send YOU a bag of my homemade croutons. ;)

4 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Nancy said...

Yummmmm! How far is Knoxville from Watertown???? :)

Anonymous said...

Your description is divine!!! My mouth is watering even now. I would gladly be your lunch date if Northern VA were only closer to Knoxville. I guess you'll just have to eat an extra bowl for me!!! I wish I had a good recipe, but Campbell's Tomato is all I know :-) Isn't God good to give us all things to enjoy - even tomato soup!!! Love, Jenny C.

Chaos Cottage said...

You must really love the Market Square area. We never go down there.

Pam

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Sounds wonderful! Thanks for linking to TMTT.