Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tasty Tuesday ~ Orange Julies

There should be great recipes on Tasty Tuesday and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday blog carnivals today as people get ready for New Year's eve parties and gatherings. This recipe is a family tradition for our New Year's eve. You may know it by another name, but in our house we call these "Orange Julies" ;)

Orange Julies
  • 6 oz. frozen can of orange juice (or equiv. liquid)
  • 1 c. water
  • 1 c. milk
  • 1/2 c. sugar (try 1/4 c. first)
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • 10-12 ice cubes
Combine all ingredients and whip in a blender for 30 seconds or so until all the ice is chopped and the mixture is frothy. Makes enough for 6 servings.

Garnish with a little orange slice, if you want and if you can wait. :)

One of my favorite New Year's eve memories is from a year when we went to the home of a family in our church. With several other families, we played games late into the night, building up to a great breakfast at midnight. It was my first time to eat "scrapple," which might best be reserved for once a year, but is great with hot syrup, friends, and a frosty night. Such a gathering is a perfect time to give thanks for what has been and to ask for God's guidance for what's to come. How will you turn the page to the New Year?

7 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

MMMMMMMMM... I LOVE these!!!! I posted this recipe on my site this summer - I never make them in the winter - I'm a hot cocoa girl - but boy would the kids be delighted if I made one in the dead of winter - I might just do that to mix it up a little! Thanks!
Courtney
www.womenlivingwell.org

Sherry said...

that sounds LOVELY! would be a great start to a morning!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Sounds really yummy!! Thanks for sharing. Have a great day!

Sherrie
A View of My Life

Jennifer said...

These sound yummy! Definitely going to try these with my kids. Thanks!

Chaos Cottage said...

Orange Julies, ho, ho, ho. Very Funny. I guess at my house pancakes would be Pamcakes. ha ha ha

Pam

Brenda said...

My husband loves these!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I want one of those right now. Happy New Year and thanks for linking to TMTT.