Monday, October 19, 2009

Tasty Tuesday ~ Pumpkin Dip

I love to make this dip to serve with a platter of spice cookies or warm muffins. It's so easy to make and keeps well in the fridge for about a week. Just 5 ingredients makes this a dip you can always be ready to whip up during the fall holidays.

Pumpkin Dip

1 package of cream cheese, softened (this can't be skipped ... voice of experience :) )

1 can pureed pumpkin pie mix (18 oz)

2 cups confectioners' sugar

1/2 - 1 t. ground cinnamon

1/4 t. ground ginger

dash ground cloves

dash nutmeg

In a mixing bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the pumpkin, beating well. Add the sugar and spices, beating well until it's a smooth, creamy consistency. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Perfect with cookies or muffins in the fall!

For more great seasonal recipes, I like to check out these two resources: Tasty Tuesday and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday!

6 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Denise said...

This sounds really nice, I love anything pumpkin at this time of year :-)

Brenda said...

Looks yummy and fun!

Stephanie said...

This sounds so good! Ya know I drained some whey off yogurt the other day and haven't been sure what to do with the yogurt left behind, which is like a cream cheese texture with zero flavor. I think I will make this with it to go with our muffins. Yum! Thanks for sharing it!

annies home said...

This sounds so delicious I have created a post with both you and your recipe highlighted at this link http://shopannies.blogspot.com/2009/10/come-have-peace-delicious-pumpkin-dip.html

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Sounds wonderful!!!!

Samantha said...

Sounds wonderful, I love dips !