Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tasty Tuesday ~ For the Flu ... Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup

One of the four of us had "Flu A" last week, and the rest of us are still well. It seems like flu and other viruses have kicked off their holiday season early this year. When sick, THIS is the perfect recipe for the ill, and it's an excellent recipe to make and give ... just leave it at the door and run back to your bottle of hand sanitizer. :) (The picture shows a snapshot of the ingredients ... the Dr. Pepper is just there because it makes cooking more fun!)

Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup

Passed on by my friend LeAnn, who gave it to Donna, who gave it to me .... :)

Yield-2 1/2 quarts

2 quarts water

8 chicken bouillon cubes

6 1/2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles (12 oz bag)

2 cans cream of chicken soup

3 cups cooked & shredded chicken (or 2 10 oz cans of chicken, drained)

1 cup (8 oz) sour cream

minced fresh parsley (I don't use)

In a large saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Add noodles; cook, uncovered, until tender, about 10 minutes. Do not drain. Add soup and chicken; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Sprinkle w/ parsley if desired. Be comforted, enjoy, and get back to good health! :)

Check out "In Passionate Pursuit's" Tasty Tuesday or Tempt My Tummy Tuesday for more great recipe ideas for days when our stomachs are back to their regular status. :)

7 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Unknown said...

YUMMY!!! chicken noodle soup. What a treat, I like the idea of sour cream in this recipe. THANKS!!! Geri

MadeInCanarias said...

I love chicken noodle soup!

I'm having my first giveaway, come and have a look :)

Unknown said...

I've cooked enough chicken thighs and breasts in the crock pot today to make chicken tortilla soup and chicken noodle soup. These are two of our favorites. The tortilla soup recipe is posted on Crock Pot Wednesday right now. I will freeze the broth and chicken for the cn soup and make it at a later date. Enjoy yours! I would love for you to post this or another favorite on Crock Pot Wednesday at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com. Come check it out.

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

Oh yum, I could so use this today, think I'm coming down with a cold:( Instead I made a big pot of chili, hoping the spiciness kills everything in my nose, lol!!

Blessings,
Cara

Unknown said...

Ummm this looks yummy!

Cole said...

That looks so yummy! I just got over the flu, and am saving this recipe for the next time it goes around.

Thanks for sharing with TATT!

Kristi_runwatch said...

thanks for the recipe!!!