Saturday, July 4, 2009

Things I love about being free

It wasn't until I spent July 4th in my embassy on foreign soil that I appreciated my freedom as a citizen of the United States. I love being free!

1. Because I am free, I can own & read my Bible in private & public & teach it to a group.
2. Because I am free, I can sing praise to the True God without fear.
3. Because I am free, I can teach my children what I know to be true.
4. Because I am free, I can bow my head & pray in public.
5. Because I am free, my husband can be a pastor as his profession.
6. Because I am free, I can walk into a bookstore & buy a resource about the Bible.
7. Because I am free, I can talk to people about my faith without fear.
8. Because I am free, I can use the internet to exchange prayer requests & Biblical truths.
9. Because I am free, I can wear a christian symbol & not fear official oppression.
10. Because I am free, I can follow God's prompting to do & spend & go & live as I believe God wants me to. I am free to obey.
I don't think I'll always enjoy these freedoms, but I do today, and I am so thankful. Many people throughout history have given their lives for these freedoms, and many have died never enjoying them. May God give me the courage to make the most of them while I have them.

As times change, I am so thankful to know that I am a citizen of heaven, and my hope is in my eternal home. While my earthly freedom may change, my freedom in Christ can not be taken away, and in this I rest and rejoice. Now that's something to set off fireworks about!

Philippians 3:20 (NIV)

20But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ

0 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT: