Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tasty Tuesday ~ Blueberry Muffins

In honor of Tasty Tuesday and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, I want to share the absolute BEST Blueberry Muffin recipe ever. I went berry picking Saturday morning with my daughter JoHanna and our girlfriend Tara, and we brought home beautiful, fresh off the bush pounds of berries. We picked them from a small farm in Knoxville where an older couple waits in their garage to pass out berry buckets, good humor, and farm fresh produce. Berries were just $2/lb. The blackberries among the purple morning glories were just so beautiful that we had to pick some of those, too. We picked in the morning shade and then had brunch. A sweet Saturday morning in every way!

Best Blueberry Muffins

Cream 1/2 c. butter and 1 c. sugar and 1 t. vanilla.
Add 2 eggs, one at a time.
Add 1/2 c. milk alternately with the dry ingredients:
  • - 2 c. flour
  • - 2 t. baking powder
  • - 1/2 t. salt
Mash 1/2 c. blueberries and fold into the batter, gently. Fold in 2 c. whole blueberries.
Grease muffin tins & pile the mix high in cups. Sprinkle tops with sugar. Bake 30 min. at 375 degrees. Cool in pan 30 min. before carefully removing from the pan. Enjoy!

7 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Libby said...

I miss places like this, not sure where to find a berry picking farm here in the big city.

I did find fresh organic sweet cherries at Trader Joe's, 3lbs for $5.99!
Yes, 3lbs of organic cherries for $5.99. major deal!
I'll have to try your recipe with cherries!

looks as if you had a great Sat. AM.

Julie@comehaveapeace said...

Hey, let me know how it goes with cherries. Sounds like a great idea!

SnoWhite said...

blueberry muffins are some of my favorites. thanks.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

How fun. I keep saying I want to go blueberry picking.I know we have several locations locally. I need to!Thanks for the reminder. Also, thanks for your weekly participation with TMTT.

Cindy Bultema said...

We have an abundance of blueberries at our house, and I was just thinking I wish I had a fantastic blueberry muffin recipe. Can't wait to give it a try!
Thanks for sharing!
(And it looks like you had a Super Saturday as well!)

Brenda said...

I love blueberry muffins!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Great recipe. I love muffins!