Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Suggestions for Success with a Planner

1. Choose a planner that is the right size to carry around in your purse or bag. If it’s bulky, large, heavy, or “too nice,” you won’t be as likely to use it and keep it with you as you do your life.


2. Keep a small binder clip on your planner to keep current items for that week (don’t let it collect trash) handy or to clip away past weeks.


3. Check off the things you accomplish, and feel the freedom to “bump” things that were re-prioritized.


4. I find that using a black pen or a sharp pencil keep my planner as clean and clear as it can be … at least until about August …


5. I like to use an inexpensive planner; that way, I feel like I can keep my planner with me and not be afraid to make it “work” for me.


6. Remember that God will unfold the priorities HE has for each of your days.


Proverbs 16:9 “The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.” That gives me encouragement and FREEDOM that God will lead my days, as I allow Him. I need to begin each day with prayer, acknowledging that God has first rights to my time, and asking Him to make me sensitive to His leading as people, circumstances, needs, and responsibilities pass through the minutes of me day. Thankfully, His mercies are new every single morning.

0 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT: