Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Come Have a Peace is Moving!

When I was in high school, we lived in a little red brick cape cod style house with a screened in porch. My room was upstairs where the roof slanted in, making a hideaway for a girl who loved to sketch and write and dream about the future. The day we moved from that house, I felt like I was leaving an old friend behind, and I prayed that the next occupant would come to love and appreciate the angular cove like I did.

So I did what expressed my heart best ... I wrote a letter. The letter shared my own memories of how my life grew in that place, and it passed on hopes for the next person who would journey there. I folded it and carefully left it on the closet shelf to be discovered.

AND IT WAS DISCOVERED! Before the U haul truck was even down the street or the tape on the boxes even cut. My mom found my gut wrenching letter when she did her final walk through of the house, and she did what any self-respecting mother would do. SHE TOOK IT! :)

I've been at this blog home for almost 3 1/2 years. Today I feel a little like I'm leaving my comfortable room where so much life unfolded and blossomed. Today I'm leaving my first Come Have a Peace home, and I'm moving to www.juliesanders.org where Come Have a Peace will keep the same name and vision, but it will grow up in new ways. Be patient on this "moving day," as it takes a little time ... I should be "in the new house" by this afternoon.

Oh I really do hope you'll join me there! If you've subscribed via feedburner, your subscription should come along. I don't want to lose you, sweet readers, as I move to a new home on the blogosphere, so please do one or more of these, and encourage a friend to come to, while you're at it:


I hope you'll join me at my new blog home! It would be so lonely there without you. That's why I left this letter here, to be sure you know that it's been a sweet season here, and I look forward to a new and wonderful place in the journey. Fortunately, my mom doesn't know my password and can't reach the blog shelf. ;)

Come Have a Peace at www.juliesanders.org !

2 COMMENTS ~ Click here to leave a COMMENT:

Linda said...

Happy Moving Day Kiddo!  (:>)

Orosco99 said...

I'm coming with you, just like I did all those years sgo! Can't wait to see your "new room!" Love to you :-)